Los Angeles

View Only

Free workshop on April 27th, 7 pm Pacific on Zoom " Emergence From The Empty Well'

• 1.  Free workshop on April 27th, 7 pm Pacific on Zoom " Emergence From The Empty Well'

Posted 04-21-2022 04:04 PM
    Gathering Back the Essential Parts We Left Behind

In her book, Women Who Run with the Wolves, C. P. Estés. Ph.D. describes what happens to women when they lose touch with their essential inner self. This deep ancient part of the self is what she calls the wild woman; it's our connection with nature and our deepest essence.

Reclaim Your Wild Woman

Living busy lives with our families, careers, friends, and all the stress and upheaval in the world can cause us to lose touch with the natural baseline of who we are. It can be a gradual process of leaving parts of ourselves behind as we mature and take on more responsibilities. We leave one self in childhood; we might put another self on the back burner for a career. Another self and our dreams may be sacrificed for the good of others, such as a spouse or partner, aging parents, siblings, children, or friends, and before we know it, we have dropped vital pieces of ourselves all along the way.  

Estés writes that the symptoms of this self-abandonment include, ". . . feeling extraordinarily dry, fatigued, frail, depressed, confused, gagged, . . . frightened, weak, without inspiration, . . . without soulfulness, without meaning . . . an inability to pace oneself or set limits." (pp. 10)

By recollecting our forgotten selves, we reconnect to what she calls the wild woman archetype, "The wild nature has a vast integrity to it. It means to establish one's territory, to find one's pack, to be in one's body with certainty and pride regardless of the body's gifts and limitations, to speak and act on one's behalf, to be aware, alert, to draw on the intimate feminine powers of intuition and senses, to come into one's cycles, to find what one belongs to, to rise with dignity, to retain as much consciousness as possible." (pp.11)

On April 27th, at 7:00 pm, Pacific, live on ZOOM, I'll be hosting the first Women's Wisdom Village of 2022,
    discussing "La Loba" from Women Who Run With The Wolves.

We'll share how we're doing and the state of our spiritual and energy reserves. Is your well empty?
    Are you ready to emerge from the bottom with your truth? And, What is your truth now?
    Have the last 6, 4, or 2  years left you feeling exhausted and drained?

In witness to the extraordinary times we live in, we'll explore Clarissa Pinkola Estés's tale of "La Loba" and women's exceptional ability to empower each other to survive, recreate ourselves, and thrive. I hope you'll join me for some inspiration and support the company of some remarkable women. Tickets to The WWV are Free- HOWEVER- Seating is limited; grab your spot now!
    Register Here

Namasté,

Questions? Email me at info@drandreaslominski.com

------------------------------
    Andrea M. Slominski MA. Ph.D.
    Santa Clarita CA
    ------------------------------